Sunday, December 12, 2010

Brida by Paulo Coelho

brida



Am done with another book. Great…
Exactly when I was wildly analyzing on what 26 years of Earth+Uma has contributed to, it was tough to point out accomplishments.. and even tougher to end up saying nothing tangible…when the journey was as tough as most of the people and more tough than few of them.
So to the intangible accomplishments..
Apart from few compliments received.. which seemed unrealistic at times or as if originated for the need of the hour..the few times in life when mind and heart nodded to the same beat…”Yes.. u have done it” was every time I finished a book. So my most tangible accomplishments(this para was to b abt intangible accomplishments?, anyway.. no1 bothers abt it…) lie in the loft.. in a box severed tight with thoughts on not sharing any of them with anybody. Call me selfish, spend thrift, dash dash.. I prefer “Possessive”.. Extremely possessive on my books more than I’m on my guy.. A guy who earns to get one of them will be my SoulMate.. not the Oxford meaning.. but Paulo Coelho’s..

The way he describes a SoulMate..MG.. I fell in love.. with the book and with the Author.. gud tat he was more than 60..;) Always wondered on various facts on Earth and Life as a kid.. which was too dreamy then.. on
1.          Y Sun rises in the East? Y not North or South?
2.          How Birth/Death happens?
3.          They taught plants are non living things. And now they say they 2 are living..Does a Waterfall has life too? That’s categorised non-living today..
4.          Y r these Saints behind the Qn “Y am I born?” ? (They are born just like me.. I don’t bother. Y do they alone? )
5.           If every human is a reincarnation of another soul in the past, then how did the total World Population rose from 2(Adam and Eva) to billions in India alone. (shud hav been billions In the beginning itself or 2 now)
6.          etc.,.

Mind finds an answer and the next question pops up. The biggest challenge was to find the answer for the last qn which makes me postpone thoughts for future.. As usual, forgot most of them. The best solution/ definition for most of them is encrypted here through the Tradition of the Moon and the Tradition of the Sun. Guys.. its not a book on Astronomy. When I read the Epilogue.. I felt the same.. it was as cryptic as it cud be.. but as the pages flipped, I started talking with these as my Alphabets..

A new definition to Fiction.. It can happen only with Paulo Coelho. Guys whoever loved Inception will be awestruck seeing themselves moving through levels of trances. Just by inkmarks on a sheet.. with no costs on graphics or pay checks or popcorns..
It is about a girl’s journey to learn Magic (a bridge to walk from the visible world to the invisible and a tool to learn the lessons of both Worlds – Paulo’s defn) from 2 great personalities.. one who mastered the Tradition of the Sun, who happens to be her SoulMate…and the other, a Witch who masters in the Tradition of the Moon. The challenges she faces and the way she deals with them, mustering more courage,  dealing with her lack of confidence, taking a break now and then from her path to destiny and finally achieving what she wanted are all Paulo Coelho’s trademarks..(I stop with admiring them.. J) Carried from the Alchemist days..
Beyond these routine stuff, there were so many instances when I felt how on Earth can this guy imagine these.. he should have been so much into it.. thinking, thinking, thinking, eating, drinking and breathing the World of Magic. There were so many quotes on Nature, SoulMates, Magic, Life and Love which makes the reader search for a pen and an everlasting book.
It is about Magic.. but not the Harry Potter stuff..
It is about Witches.. but nothing to scare you..
Every chapter made me call him a mad freak for his thoughts and how he saw minute things which we failed to see aiming for different Tangibles. And it did happen.. This nonconformist was committed to a mental Institution twice by his father for following his dream. K Am fortunate..

No comments:

Post a Comment